The members of the Christian Education and Outreach committee are: Debbie Williams, Liz Baity, Dru Frye, Debbie Sheckles, Geneva Reavis, Gwen Zachary, Brandy Martin, Kristen Williams, and Becky Brewer.
Some of the items/areas this committee has responsibility for are:
- Ensure there are teachers for each Sunday School Class
- Ensure there are church workers available each Sunday - ushers; secretaries; greeters
- We send financial and/or other support to our "mission of the month" - usually on a local level, such as Hands of Hope Medical Clinic (we provided 450 Bibles this year), Yadkin Christian Ministries (with canned food), and The Salvation Army (help in disaster relief efforts).
- We prepare "outreach" boxes (with canned food, devotional, blanket, toiletries) to be given to those who may reach out to the church with a need.
- Plan and/or find someone to organize different activities - Easter Egg Hunt; Vacation Bible School; church picnic; children's Christmas program; Christmas caroling; candlelight service.
- We also buy and present gifts of appreciation for Sunday School teachers, mothers, fathers, high school graduates and veterans.
- We keep the church updated on the different missionaries the church supports.
If anyone has ideas of educational or mission opportunities, please let a committee member know.