As Friends we believe:
- A person receives forgiveness through repentence for sins and belief in Jesus Christ as Savior. We believe that true religion involves an immediate, inward, personal encounter with God - that this, rather than ritual and ceremony, is what we must experience to obtain salvation.
- The Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God.
- A person should seek the filling of the Holy Spirit. We believe worship is a personal, positive act of seeking, rather than merely a performance, and that communion is an inner spiritual experience rather than an outward observance.
- Moral purity, integrity, honesty, simplicity, and humility are essential to the Christian life.
- Each person has a Spiritual Gift that God has given to them, and we are to help one another develop and use those gifts.
- Christ's followers are to proclaim the grace and love of God to all people. We are to minister to both the spiritual and physical needs of those around us.